Magic Kingdom Fastpass+ Guide
Few things feel better than skipping long lines with the right combination of FastPass+ selections. With more FastPass+ options than any other Walt Disney World Park, Magic Kingdom has tons of opportunity for you to get that good feeling! The sheer number of options also makes it difficult to answer the infamous question “Which FastPasses should I get?” although this Magic Kingdom FastPass guide gives it a shot!
If you need a primer on what a FastPass is, you can also check out Disney FastPass+ : Skip the Lines! for a breakdown of this Walt Disney World service.
Magic Kingdom FastPass+ Options
Thankfully, Magic Kingdom does not prescribe to the group or tier system like the other parks. You have 25 options for FastPass+ in Magic Kingdom, with most in Fantasyland:
- The Barnstormer – 35″ height requirement
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- it’s a small world
- Mad Tea Party
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Meet Ariel at her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess FairyTale Hall
- Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess FairyTale Hall
- Mickey’s Phillharmagic
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 38″ height requirement
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 40″ height Requirement
- Splash Mountain – 40″ height requirement
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain – 44″ height requirement
- Tomorrowland Speedway – 32″ height requirement
- Liberty Square
- The Haunted Mansion
- Jungle Cruise
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Main Street U.S.A
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theatre
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theatre
Types of Attractions
If it’s the first time you are visiting, it’s important to know a little about each one of these attractions and whether it will fit your preferences. Walt Disney World’s website has a full description of each attraction here, but I put them in a few different categories:
Fast Rides / Motion Rides
- The Barnstormer – Entry-level Roller Coaster. Mainly for young children, but still fun!
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Recently Refurbished Roller Coaster and a good mid-level Thrill ride
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Newest Roller Coaster. Smooth Ride with lots of cool animatronics
- Space Mountain – Indoor Roller Coaster. Biggest “Thrill” Ride in Magic Kingdom
Experiences / Non-Ride
- Enchanted Tales with Belle – Act out the story of Beauty and the Beast with Belle
- Meet Ariel at her Grotto – Character Experience. Only place to meet Ariel as a mermaid!
- Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess FairyTale Hall – Character Experience
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theatre – Character Experience
- Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess FairyTale Hall – Character Experience.
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theatre – Character Experience. Only place to meet Tinker Bell
- Mickey’s Phillharmagic – Auditorium-style seating as you listen to classic Disney songs and movie clips
- Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor – Interactive Comedy Show with the Monster’s Inc Characters
Slow Moving Rides
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin –
- Dumbo – Classic Ride. Ride in Dumbo up in the air.
- Mad Tea Party – Spinning Ride in Tea Cups. You control how fast you spin.
- The Haunted Mansion – Clamshell ride through a Haunted Mansion.
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – Similar to Dumbo. Ride in a Magic Carpet, circling in the air.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Ride in a honey pot through Winnie the Pooh’s storybook.
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Board a galleon and fly from London to Neverland and back
- Tomorrowland Speedway – “Drive” gas-powered go-karts around a track at slow speeds
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid – Clamshell ride through the story of the Little Mermaid
- its a small world – Slow Boat Ride through different countries with animatronics
- Jungle Cruise – Large Boat Ride through a jungle with animatronic animals
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Chance of splash in small boats as you sail through the Old World. See Jack Sparrow at the end.
- Splash Mountain – Ride in a log through Brer Rabbit’s story with a big splash at the end!
Your Magic Kingdom FastPass+ selections really do depend on your preferences. I’ve put together a few different recommendations based on different types of trips and ages.Thoughts behind these recommendations:
|First Trip||Classic||Kids under 3 Years||Princess Obsessed||Thrills/Adults Only|
|Seven Dwarfs Mine Train||Pirates of the Caribbean||Peter Pan’s Flight||Enchanted Tales with Belle||Space Mountain|
|Peter Pan’s Flight||Jungle Cruise||Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theatre||Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess FairyTale Hall||Big Thunder Mountain Railroad|
|Space Mountain||The Haunted Mansion||The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh||Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess FairyTale Hall||Splash Mountain|
The most competitive FastPass+ of all is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Make sure to get your FastPass+ if you want to enjoy this ride without a huge wait!
“Wasted” Magic Kingdom FastPass+
There are some rides or experiences that rarely experience a wait. If you do see a wait over 10-15 minutes, you can be sure to return at a different time to almost no wait at all. That said, if one of these is your family’s all-time favorite, use a FastPass+. You are never going to regret riding your favorite ride!
|Never Need a FastPass+||Rarely need a FastPass+|
|Ariel’s Grotto||it’s a small world|
|The Barnstormer||The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh|
|Mad Tea Party||Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theatre|
|Magic Carpets of Aladdin||Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid|
|Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor|
Fun without a FastPass+
Magic Kingdom has a lot of fun experiences that you don’t require a Magic Kingdom FastPass+.
- Scavenger Hunts : Our all-time favorite is the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. It’s a scavenger hunt through the Magic Kingdom and you get to walk away with a bunch of free souvenir cards. For more information, you can check out Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom – Free Disney Fun. Adventureland also has a scavenger hunt, A Pirate’s Adventure, that takes you on missions.
- Parades – We LOVE the Festival of Fantasy parade. We have opted for special experiences around the Parade, like Tiana’s Riverboat Party and Ice Cream Social Review, but we love just watching it too!
- Additional Cost:
- Character Meals : Enjoy a character meal with Cinderella and friends at Cinderella’s Royal Table, Winnie the Pooh and Friends at Crystal Palace, or meet the beast at dinner at Be Our Guest.
- Dress to Impress : Get a fun haircut at Harmony Barbershop, dress like a Pirate in the Pirate’s League or visit the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!
Like all parks, your Magic Kingdom FastPass+ selections are really dependent on what you or your family prefer. Even if some are listed as a “waste,” they might be perfect for your family if it’s your favorite ride. Make sure you do watch for height restrictions, but otherwise it’s really up to you! Magic Kingdom is really about the classic Disney experience more so than the other parks. Just strolling around the castle and enjoying the parades can be a wonderful day. It also has the most opportunity for booking a FastPass+ later on due to the sheer number of options.
Want more Info?
If you want to use an interactive map to explore the Magic Kingdom FastPass+ options, head over to the Disney World website and following these instructions:
- Select Things To Do > Attractions
- Filter to Magic Kingdom
- Filter to Interests > Fastpass+
- Select Map
You can explore each attraction and see where they are on the map if you want to plan your route!