Best Buffets at Disney World
If you are looking for a meal that has something for everyone, a reservation at one of the best buffets at Disney World is your best bet! Disney World buffets are available for every meal, whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can also find a delicious buffet at every Disney World park. Picking between them may seem tough, but we have all of the tips below!
Disclaimer: Some of the links and images below contain affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Disney World Buffets
You’ll find nine buffet restaurants at Walt Disney World. The buffets at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios come with characters. While the buffet at Epcot doesn’t have characters, it does have fun entertainment from a German band!
The other buffets at Disney World can be found at several of the Disney Deluxe Resorts, from Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge to Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
|1900 Park Fare||Grand Floridian||Breakfast, Dinner||Yes|
|Boma||Animal Kingdom Lodge||Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner||No|
|Cape May Cafe||Beach Club||Breakfast, Dinner||Breakfast Only|
|Chef Mickey’s||Contemporary||Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner||Yes|
|Crystal Palace||Magic Kingdom||Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner||Yes|
|Hollywood and Vine||Hollywood Studios||Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner||Yes|
|Trail’s End||Fort Wilderness||Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner||No|
|Tusker House||Animal Kingdom||Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner||Yes|
Best Disney World Buffets
Breakfast buffets are a really popular option for starting your day at Walt Disney World. Although you’ll find some common items at all buffets, like Mickey Waffles, you can also run across some specialities like the Strawberry Soup which is found only at 1900 Park Fare. The options for lunch and dinner buffets at Disney World range from a a night in Bavaria on Epcot’s World Showcase to a seafood lover’s dream at Beach Club Resort. While the breakfast buffets can also get you into the Parks before opening time, the lunch and dinner buffets do not come with this extra perk and really have to be evaluated on their location, food quality, and Character options.
Don’t forget to be prepared for all of the Characters as well with your autograph books like these great options : ShopDisney Autograph Books
1900 Park Fare Buffet
You’ll be able to enjoy both breakfast and dinner buffets at 1900 Park Fare in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. Unlike other buffet options, 1900 Park Fare boasts two separate themes for breakfast and dinner. For breakfast, you get to have a Supercalifragilistic Breakfast (get the full 1900 Park Fare Breakfast review here). Dinner brings Cinderella’s story to life in the Happily Ever After, complete with villains to meet ( full review of Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner here)!
1900 Park Fare Location
Located in the Grand Floridian, the 1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic breakfast brings you one monorail stop away from the Magic Kingdom. It’s also very convenient to get to from any other resort or off-property. Navigate your way to Magic Kingdom, and then either use the monorail or boat to make your way over to Grand Floridian.
1900 Park Fare Breakfast Buffet
We have enjoyed breakfast at 1900 Park Fare several times, and the food quality really stands out amongst the other Character breakfast buffets. The signature dish for this breakfast is the Strawberry Soup. You are dining with Alice and the Mad Hatter, so bubble-gum pink, strawberry soup seems like perfect addition to your breakfast.
The other breakfast item that sets 1900 Park Fare’s buffet apart is the made-to-order omelet station. While you can select a pre-determined omelet option, like a Southwest omelet, you can also specify the exact ingredients you’d like while you watch it being prepared. You can also find a carving station with hickory smoked ham, fresh eggs Benedict, or cheese blintzes.
The kids will love the Mickey Waffles, pancakes, and the variety of cereals. My kids always get a kick out of the gummy bears you can find at the cereal station. You can also load up on cinnamon sticky buns, corned beef hash, or french toast.
While enjoying your delicious food, you also get to spend time with some great Characters. 1900 Park Fare boasts characters that can’t easily be found throughout the parks for both of their meals. For breakfast you’ll get to meet Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh and Tigger.
The interaction with both Alice and the Mad Hatter are silly and fun while Mary Poppins is ready to spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards for you if you ask. Pooh rounds out the characters that visit your table, and you can head to the back of the restaurant for a photo-pass picture with Tigger. Try “hopping” up to him for some extra fun!
1900 Park Fare Dinner Buffet
The dinner buffet at 1900 Park Fare delivers on quality food as much as the breakfast. We visited this meal after having tried several other dinner buffets and were really surprised at how much better the food quality was for this meal. The strawberry soup makes an appearance on the dinner buffet as well. The variety of options at this buffet is impressvie, from curried chicken to herb-roasted prime rib and even fried catfish.
The kids’ options mimic most of the other buffets, with chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, and pizza. We actually found that our kids gravitated towards the adult buffet options more-so than the kids here, however. The dessert buffet had an assorted selection of cookies, cupcakes, and tarts. It was plenty to satisfy your sweet tooth.
For Characters, the dinner buffet at 1900 Park Fare comes with some of the best! Lady Tremaine, Drizella, and Anastasia all made a trip to our table for pictures and autographs. The PhotoPass photographer is present for dinner as well, and you will want to stop by on your way out to get your picture with both Cinderella and Prince Charming. There is not where else to meet Prince Charming in the parks on a regular day, making this a very special event.
Why You Should Pick 1900 Park Fare Buffet
- The items that make the 1900 Park Fare breakfast buffet stand out are the omelet bar and the strawberry soup. You can’t find this quality of food at other breakfast buffets.
- The wide variety of characters is also a big plus for this meal. You’ll save tons of time waiting in line for characters if you take advantage of this morning buffet.
- If you’d like an in-depth view of everything this buffet has to offer, make sure to check out the full 1900 Park Fare Breakfast Review.
- The characters are the stand out again. Dining with villains is only possible at this buffet and at the plated Storybook Dining in Wilderness Lodge. The interaction with Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters is so much fun (although be warned they are looking for a prince to marry!).
- The food quality is really a step above other Character buffets as well.
- For more details, you can check out the 1900 Park Fare Dinner Review.
Although you won’t find Characters at the Biergarten buffet, you will not miss out on entertainment! This buffet only offers lunch and dinner, taking on the theme of a Bavarian town. The seating is communal-style, and you can enjoy a polka band while you sample from the buffet. The kids especially love the entertainment and get to join in the fun, dancing in the front of the restaurant while the band plays a variety of German musical instruments.
Biergarten Restaurant Location
Biergarten is located in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot’s World Showcase. If entering from the main Epcot entrance, you’ll want to head left around the World Showcase, passing Mexico, Norway, China and the Outpost. Head to the back of the Germany Pavilion and you’ll find Biergarten waiting!
Biergarten Lunch and Dinner Buffet
The menu for both lunch and dinner is the same at Biergarten and focused on traditional German fare. There are a variety of different sausages, cold salads, and potatoes . You’ll also find braised red cabbage and sauerkraut. The rotisserie and roasted chicken were one of the best dishes, and the potato leek soup was a great way to start the meal. Dessert at Biergarten is similar to other buffets, with lots of little options. The apple strudel was especially delicious.
One of the unique options at Biergarten are the variety of beer selections, coming in a traditional German beer stein. If you can’t settle on one, you can also get a full beer flight to sample several of the options.
Why You Should Pick Biergarten’s Buffet
Biergarten offers a good mix of unique food and entertainment:
- Biergarten is the perfect choice if you are tired of Character buffets, but still want something to entertain the kids. The restaurant is set up like a giant auditorium so that you have a great view of the band no matter where you are sitting. The kids can even join the band on the floor to dance along.
- The buffet is also full of food that will appeal to anyone, like the roasted chicken, but also comes with lots of traditional German options if you want to try something different. Dining at Epcot is meant to transport you to another country, and Biergarten does just that.
Boma – Flavors of Africa Buffet
The appeal of the buffet at Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge is the adventurous menu. Disney World is all about transporting you to another place, and Boma does this through its cuisine and theming. You won’t get to enjoy time with Characters at this buffet, but you can take a trip outside to see the animals on the Savannah. The kids will love getting to see the giraffe and zebra roaming right outside the resort!
You will find Boma – Flavor’s of Africa on the lower level of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Animal Kingdom Lodge is arguably the best Disney Deluxe resort for dining and one of the reasons we love staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It rounds out the offerings from the Mara, one of the best quick service restuarants at a Walt Disney World Resort, and Jiko, one of the most delicious table service meals you will ever have as we wrote in our Jiko review.
Boma Breakfast Buffet
The star of the Boma breakfast is the french toast bread pudding. It’s delicious and worthy of second helpings! You can also enjoy a made-to-order omelet and, unlike other breakfast buffets, several fresh carved options. Both carved turkey and ham are on the Boma breakfast buffet where most others only serve one carved meat, if any.
Boma Dinner Buffet
The dinner buffet at Boma ranks as one of our favorite buffets of all time. There are a variety of stews and soups on rotation including spicy Nigerian peanut soup, curried butter seafood, carrot-ginger soup, and South African curried lobster.
The salad selection is one of the largest of any buffet at Disney World, with pearl couscous salad, watermelon rind salad, Ghana tomato salad just to name a few. If you have a hummus lover in the family, then they are sure to love the variety of dips and breads available. The main entrees show as much diversity from pork ribs to roast chicken. The signature bobotie is also available, which is a must-try at Tusker House buffet. Beef sirloin and salmon are also often found in the entrees. The kids have a section with fish sticks and chicken nuggets, but if they are brave enough to try, they will certainly love the offerings on the adult buffet as well.
The dinner at Boma is almost overshadowed completely by the dessert selections. My son, the dessert connoisseur, named this “the best buffet for desserts at Disney World.” From the guava panna cotta to the bread pudding, you really can’t go wrong. The must-try treat, however, have to be the zebra domes. The zebra domes are made from an Amarula Cream Liquor mousse covered in white chocolate with chocolate “stripes.” It all sits on top of a chocolate cake base.
Why you should You Pick Boma’s Buffet
The breakfast at the Boma buffet is very similar to Tusker House. Since Tusker House also comes with Characters, it’s the better option if you are picking a breakfast near Animal Kingdom. If you are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, however, Boma is a very convenient option. It’s also a quick (less than 5 minute) ride to Animal Kingdom if you are planning on spending the day there.
Dinner at Boma, however, should be at the top of your list and is our pick for the best non-Character buffet.
- The sheer variety of foods is enough to get you in the door and the quality is enough to keep you. The stews, salads, and dips are all delicious and let you sample offerings from all over Africa. The entrees are excellent quality and serve up something for everyone.
- Finally, the dessert table may be the best in all of the buffets, and you can’t leave Disney World without trying a Zebra Dome! If you have to choose between dinner and breakfast at Boma, it’s dinner hands-down.
Cape May Cafe Buffet
Cape May Cafe offers buffets for both breakfast and dinner, but only breakfast comes with Characters. Both meals incorporate the Beach Club Resort into their theme. Breakfast is Minnie’s Beach Bash, complete with the Characters in their swim attire. Dinner is a full seafood buffet, with all you can eat crab legs! If you are staying at Beach Club, similar to Grand Floridian, it’s nice to have one restaurant with two very different buffet options.
Cape May Cafe Location
Cape May Cafe can be found at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. It’s an especially convenient location if you are planning to enjoy the day at Epcot since it’s just a quick 15 minute walk over. You’ll enter at the International gateway, home to the new Disney skyliners, and pop out right between France and the United Kingdom. You can also hop a quick boat over to Hollywood Studios.
Cape May Cafe Breakfast Buffet
Similar to 1900 Park Fare, Cape May Cafe boasts a delicious, made-to-order omelet bar. The unique offering here is the bananas fosters french toast! It blows regular french toast and maple syrup away!
You’ll also find a fruit and yogurt bar and variety of pastries. There are hot selections, like eggs, frittatas and breakfast meats. The kids (or adults!) can also enjoy pancakes or Mickey Waffles like many of the other breakfast buffets.
Minnie is the star of Minnie’s Beach Bash, and she and her friends stop by your table in their beach-wear best! You can expect to see Minnie, Daisy, Donald, and Goofy throughout your meal. There isn’t a photo-pass option, so you’ll need to bring your own camera if you want to get a photo. Don’t forget to ask Daisy if she designed all of the outfits. She will proudly tell you she did!
Cape May Cafe Dinner Buffet
Although there aren’t any characters at Cape May Cafe for dinner, the menu selection is enough to make it worth a visit. If you have a real seafood lover in your group, then I can’t think of a better buffet to take them too. For those of you on a low carb or keto diet, this buffet also offers up tons of options.
As soon as you sit down, your server brings you a giant bucket for all of your shells, and you know you have entered seafood heaven! Snow crab legs were by far one of the most popular dishes, but you can also find clams, mussels, peel-and-eat shrimp, ribs, and chicken on the buffet. There are also varieties of cheeses, fruits, salads and breads throughout.
The dessert buffet came with a variety of little cakes and brownies. Red Velvet and strawberry cupcakes were delicious along with the large jars full of different types of cookies.
Why You Should Pick Cape May Cafe Buffet
Sometimes the Fear of Missing Out is enough to get you to try something new, and you won’t be disappointed with Cape May Buffet:
- You can only enjoy Minnie’s Beach Bash for breakfast, making it a little more exclusive of a reservation. You also won’t be able to find Minnie and friends in their beach outfits anywhere else on Disney property. Most other character meals have characters that can be found elsewhere, but these outfits are exclusive to this meal.
- The omelet bar, again, makes the breakfast menu stand-out.
- Where most of the buffet dinners have a very general menu, Cape May Cafe’s dinner is very specifically a seafood buffet. If you and the family enjoy seafood, this really is a “must-do.” The quality of the food was great for a buffet, and it is a nice departure from the typical buffet food like carved turkey and ham.
- The close location to Epcot is perfect if you plan to spend your day there or if you want to pop over for the evening.
Chef Mickey’s Buffet
Chef Mickey’s is the quintessential Character buffet. From the minute you walk in, you are surrounding by the Disney experience. You get a chance to take a photo with a PhotoPass photographer before you are seated to commemorate your visit. Next, you are escorted to your table where you can get ready to meet the Fab Five (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto) and enjoy some classic buffet items.
Chef Mickey’s Location
Located in Disney’s Contemporary Resort, you can arrive via boat from Wilderness Lodge or the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary Resort. You can also hop the monorail from the ticket station or another monorail resort. Chef Mickey’s is located inside the atrium in Disney’s Contemporary Resort, giving it a great view of the entire hotel. You can even watch the monorail passing through while you dine!
Chef Mickey’s Breakfast Buffet
The Mickey Waffle is the star of Chef Mickey’s. While you can find Mickey Waffles at almost every breakfast buffet, Chef Mickey’s offers a full waffle bar with syrup, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, sprinkles, chocolate chips, whipped cream, and more!
The buffet at Chef Mickey’s also comes with a carving station with fresh, carved ham and a variety of hot dishes. The Western Scramble is especially good! The buffet is missing a made-to-order omelet station like some of the other breakfast buffets however.
If you haven’t met the “Fab 5” yet, then Chef Mickey’s needs to be your first stop. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto are all waiting to stop by your table during your breakfast. There is a photo-pass picture at before you site down to commemorate your meal, but it isn’t with any of the characters.
Chef Mickey’s Brunch and Dinner Buffet
The brunch and dinner at Chef Mickey’s are similar to breakfast in that it carries mostly traditional, American items. For brunch, you’ll be able to enjoy many of the breakfast favorites likes the make-your-own Mickey waffle station. You get the added benefit of some of the dinner favorites like baked salmon and pot roast too as well.
For dinner, the buffet adds more savory items to the buffet, including a full charcuterie board and more carved meats. In addition to the salmon and pot roast that you can get at brunch, you can also enjoy a seafood paella, pot stickers, or buttered chicken for dinner. If the kids can’t find something on the adult buffet, they can sample chicken nuggets or mickey macaroni and cheese at the kids’ station.
The make-your-own waffle stations is replaced with a make-your-own ice cream sundae station for dinner. You can enjoy chocolate or vanilla ice cream with a variety of toppings like caramel, sprinkles, and more! Macaroons, cheesecake tarts, and bread pudding options can also be found on Minnie’s Sweets and Treats station. You have to try the Mickey domes!
The Characters for brunch and dinner are identical to breakfast. You get to hang with the “Fab 5” including Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, and Pluto. During the meal, there will be a couple of dance moments when the characters dance throughout the restaurant. Another iconic Chef Mickey’s move is to twirl your napkin in the air during these celebrations. Don’t worry, the Characters will lead you through the whole experience!
Why You Should Pick Chef Mickey’s Breakfast Buffet
Chef Mickey’s is a meal that everyone should enjoy once, and it gives you many reasons to make a visit:
- You can get photos with the “Fab 5”, saving you lots of time waiting in line at the parks.
- It’s also very convenient to Magic Kingdom. You can hope on the monorail that runs right through the resort or you can even take a quick 15 walk along the pathway from the Contemporary Resort to get to Magic Kingdom.
- There are better options if food quality is your main concern, but it is the home of the Mickey Waffle bar which is a big plus for the kids. There are some items that stand out, like the Western Scramble at breakfast, but overall it is traditional, American fare without a lot of variety. If your crew is tired of trying new things or wants a safe meal with something that will appeal to almost everyone
The Crystal Palace Buffet with Pooh and Friends
The Crystal Palace serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom each day. The restaurant reminds you of a lovely garden conservatory complete with glass ceiling. The main entrance even boasts a garden fountain which is often decorated with Winnie the Pooh and Friends topiaries.
The Crystal Palace Location
You can’t get much more convenient to the parks than enjoying your breakfast inside one! The Crystal Palace is located inside the Magic Kingdom, right between Main Street U.S.A and Adventureland. If you can score an early morning reservation, you can actually get into the park before it opens to anyone else. After breakfast, you are in a perfect position to get in line for your favorite ride before anyone else.
The Crystal Palace Breakfast Buffet
The menu at Crystal Palace is fairly standard, with breakfast meats and different egg options. There is a scrambled egg and omelette station for a special treat. You can also enjoy fresh pastries and a variety of cereals for the pickier eaters.
Winnie the Pooh and friends stop by your table, and you can even enjoy a fun parade around the restaurant with your friends from the 100 acre wood. There isn’t a photo-pass photographer, so you’ll want to bring your own camera to capture those memories!
The Crystal Palace Lunch and Dinner Buffet
The lunch and Dinner at Crystal Palace keeps with the same American theme as the breakfast options. You can choose from a couple of carved meats, peel-and-eat shrimp, and chicken dishes. There are also pasta options and a variety of salads. For dessert, you can visit the ice cream station or take one of the small cupcake or brownie options.
Like Chef Mickey’s, you’ll meet the same characters whether at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Pooh and Friends will each come to your table once and the little ones can also join in on their parade around the restaurant.
Why You Should Pick the Crystal Palace Buffet
The food at Crystal Palace, unfortunately, is not a compelling reason to visit as there are better options. The buffet does offer other reasons to make a trip, however:
- If you are looking to get into Magic Kingdom early, then the Crystal Palace breakfast buffet is a good option. You can also get an early morning reservation at Be Our Guest, however.
- Crystal Palace is perfect if you have a Winnie the Pooh fan, and the parade with Characters is a lot of fun for younger kids.
Hollywood and Vine Buffet
There is only one option for a buffet at Hollywood Studios, and it’s Hollywood and Vine. It’s also the only Character meal available, but it runs two separate themes between breakfast with Disney Junior Characters and lunch/dinner with Minnie and Friends.
Hollywood and Vine Location
You can find Hollywood and Vine in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It’s located around Echo Lake, right next to another favorite Hollywood Studios Restaurant, 50’s Prime Time Cafe. and gives you an excellent location to sign up for Jedi Training right afterward.
Hollywood and Vine Breakfast Buffet
Hollywood and Vine also boasts a delicious omelet station, like 1900 Park Fare and Minnie’s Beach Bash at Cape May Buffet. Pancakes, waffles, and other standard breakfast items are also available.
Hollywood and Vine breakfast buffet is the only place you can find the Disney Junior characters for a meal. Vampirina and Fancy Nancy recently joined the gang. You can also meet Doc McStuffins, Jake from the Neverland Pirates, Sofia the First, Goofy from Road Racers, or Handy Manny at times.
Hollywood and Vine Lunch and Dinner Buffet
Hollywood and Vine lunch and dinner options are very similar to the other classic Character buffets like Chef Mickey’s and Crystal Palace. You’ll find a carved meat station, pastas, and chicken dishes. Hollywood and Vine also usually has a seasonal fish option, like salmon.
The best part about the Hollywood and Vine lunch and dinner buffet is that it is themed with Minnie’s Seasonal Dining. This mean the Character’s outfits change with the seasons so you can get a completely different feel depending on the time of year you visit. Minnie and Friends dress up for each season:
- Spring – Minnie impresses in her best spring dress!
- Summer – It’s beach time and the Characters dress the part!
- Fall – Meet Minnie and Friends in their Halloween Costumes!
- Winter – Minnie and her pals are decked out in their best Holiday gear!
Although not a regular offering, Hollywood and Vine has hosted special dinners over the years like the Star Wars Dine event. Make sure to keep your eye out for one of these special events. Who doesn’t want to meet Storm Trooper Donald?!?
Why You Should Pick the Hollywood and Vine Buffet
Hollywood and Vine buffets brings special characters and location to the table :
- The Character experiences are unique for both breakfast and lunch/dinner. It’s the only buffet with Disney Junior Characters. The Disney Junior character lines aren’t usually too long in the parks, so you don’t get a huge advantage with this meal.
- The best part about lunch and dinner at Hollywood and Vine is that the Character outfits change throughout the seasons. This means you can visit and get a slightly different experience for each season. The Halloween costumes are particularly fun if you happen to be visiting during that time of year.
- With Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge opening and the new Hollywood Studios fastpass tier system, early admittance into Hollywood Studios might be worth this reservation.
The food at both meals is standard, American fare so don’t expect to be blown away with the options. Like others though, it’s fairly safe in that everyone can probably find something they like on the buffets.
Trail’s End Buffet
Hiding in the woods at Fort Wilderness Campground, is a true rustic gem of a buffet! Trail’s End focuses on comfort food and it’s location away from the Parks means that you can usually get a reservation fairly easily. If you decide to head over to enjoy the food, make sure to take time to explore Fort Wilderness as well.
Trail’s End Location
Trail’s End can be found hiding at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground and Cabins, and it’s truly a hidden gem for Disney World breakfast buffets! If you are planning to visit, the easiest way to get to Trail’s End is to hop the boat from Magic Kingdom. The dock is very close to the restaurant. You can also choose to take the bus from any of the other parks, but be for-warned that you will have to get on another bus system once you arrive to Fort Wilderness. it’s so large that it actually run an entirely different bus system inside the resort. You’ll also notice many people have golf carts to get around.
Trail’s End Breakfast Buffet
The menu at Trail’s End is all about comfort food. The restaurant is decorated like a quaint, country cabin and the food matches! The signature dish here is the pulled pork eggs benedict. The bread pudding is also a big feature, and is reminiscent of the bread pudding at Boma’s breakfast buffet as well. You can enjoy comfort food like biscuits and gravy, grits, and Mickey Waffles are always available too.
One great thing about the breakfast buffet at Trail’s End is that you can alsmot always score a reservation. Partially due to its remote location, this breakfast buffet usually has availability. We actually scheduled same-day reservations when we were starving one morning.
Trail’s End Brunch and Dinner Buffet
Brunch is offered at Trail’s end on Saturdays and Sunday, while dinner is offered throughout the week. The dinner buffet really is a meat-lovers dream. Keeping with the rustic theme, the favorites on the dinner buffet are the smoked pork ribs, fried chicken, brisket and hand-carved roasted meat stations. Sides include items you’d find at country barbecue like baked beans, cornbread, and macaroni and cheese.
Dessert comes with a sundae bar and variety of other treats like red velvet cake. The star is the fruit cobbler! As with breakfast, Trail’s End dinner buffet is great quality food with a good theme. While it doesn’t boast any Characters, it is a good option if you want a filling, delicious meal. If you time your visit right, however, you can make your way over to Chip and Dale’s Campfire Sing-a-long at Fort Wilderness. You can make s’mores and get in a meet-and-greet with Chip and Dale!
Why You Should Pick Trails’ End Buffet
Trail’s End buffet really draws you in with the food:
- The main reason to visit Trail’s End is to enjoy the comfort food. If you want a “fill you up for the day” breakfast, then this might be the perfect buffet for you. The same applies for brunch or dinner. Trail’s End Buffet is a great choice for meat-lovers since both focus on smoked and carved meats as their centerpieces.
- If you are staying at Fort Wilderness Campground and Cabins, starting or ending your day with the buffet at Trail’s End is perfect. It’s also convenient if you can hop the boat from Wilderness Lodge or Magic Kingdom.
The remoteness does make it a more difficult meal to get to from other resorts, especially because you have to get on a separate bus route inside the resort. For this reason, Trail’s End is a good option if you are doing a non-Park day and want to explore other resorts. The activities at Fort Wilderness are not like any others (horse back riding, archery), making it our favorite Disney Moderate Resort for amenities. To learn more about what else you can do at Fort Wilderness, you can check out our full review of all the Disney Moderate Resorts.
Tusker House Buffet
You’ll find the Tusker House buffet representing the best Disney World buffets inside Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The restaurant is themed after an African Market, and the decor makes it one of the most unique Disney World buffets. It is also your only option for a Character meal inside Animal Kingdom, and puts a Safari-spin on traditional characters.
Tusker House Location
Tusker House is Animal Kingdom’s only buffet. It’s located directly across the bridge into Africa. Scheduling an early morning breakfast here can also get you into Animal Kingdom prior to the opening. The location of Tusker House lets you easily take the entrance into Pandora from Africa and get to Flight of Passage before anyone else is in line!
Tusker House Breakfast Buffet
Along with it’s location in Africa at Animal Kingdom, Tusker House lives it’s theme through it’s food. The specialty dish that you must try at breakfast is the beef bobotie. It’s a South African beef and egg casserole and is a great representative of the fun dishes at Tusker House. You’ll also find a variety of fruit chutneys. One thing you won’t find on this buffet are Mickey Waffles. They come with Simba and Nala on them instead! You can find the full menu for Tusker House here.
While you spend time enjoying the food from the awesome buffet carts, you can meet several Disney Characters dressed in their Safari finest! Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Goofy, and Minnie visit your table throughout breakfast for photos and autographs. There isn’t a photopass photographer, so make sure that you have your camera ready!
Tusker House Lunch and Dinner Buffet
The lunch and dinner buffet at Tusker House keeps with the Safari theme for both the Characters and food. The main dishes include a variety of curries, salmon, and pit-roasted meats. Tabouli and hummus dips make a nice appetizer along with several different salad options. The dessert bar features banana bread pudding and several other small cakes and tarts.
It stands out as a nice alternative to the other Character Buffets that all feature mostly traditional, American food. Even though most of the offerings keep with the African theme, you can still find a variety of deli meats, corn dog nuggets, or mac n cheese for those that want something a little more traditional.
Why You Should Pick Tusker House Buffet
Tusker House is an excellent choice for location, variety of Characters, and the non-traditional food offerings:
- Tusker House breakfast buffet is the perfect pick if you are starting an early day at Animal Kingdom. It’s location allows you to be in Animal Kingdom before anyone else.
- All of the meals are a good pick if you want a meal with traditional characters (Mickey & Friends) but with a different spin since they dress in their Safari outfits.
- Finally, Tusker House is a great choice if you want the option of trying more adventurous dishes from their African menu but also have good staples for pickier eaters.
Best Buffets at Disney World
Disney World buffets cover almost every genre of food and a variety of Characters. You can find them across the Disney World Parks, the Deluxe Resorts, and even one Moderate Resort. If you are looking to pick the very best, then make sure you make time for these:
- Best Disney World Character Buffets:
- 1900 Park Fare – A wide variety of Characters and the best food of all the Character buffets
- Chef Mickey’s – Only place you can meet the Fab 5 and the home of the Mickey Waffle
- Disney World Buffets with the Best Food
- Boma – Best variety and delicious food of any Disney World buffet
- Cape May Cafe Dinner – Seafood lover’s dream with all you can eat snow crab legs
- Trail’s End – Comfort food at it’s finest with tons of options for meat lover’s too
- Best Buffets inside the Walt Disney World Parks:
- Tusker House : Tusker House takes the top spot because of the variety of food and the fun characters.
- Biergarten : The buffet in Epcot’s Germany Pavilion brings delicious food and fun entertainment to the second spot.
- Hollywood and Vine : While the food isn’t exceptional, the Character costumes for lunch and dinner are seasonal and unique.
- Best Buffets at Disney Resorts:
- 1900 Park Fare – Two different character meals and unique food offerings
- Cape May Cafe – Meet Minnie and friends at breakfast and enjoy seafood at dinner
- Chef Mickey’s – The classic Character buffet within walking distance to Magic Kingdom